Sunday, 25 July 2010

Last Days

Ive nearly reached the end of my time in Florence now. Yesterday I went on a daytrip to a little town called Riomaggiore in the Cinque Terre region. it was another brilliant, exhausting day. I'd been meaning to visit for ages as even on my first evening here oeiole were telling me I needed to go. The plan, to meet up with the lovely Nicola and Alix, (who I met in the hostel and had gone on to stay in Cinque Terre) was slightly hindered by the fact that facebook email was our sole means of communication, and there is only one spot in Riomaggiore where wifi is available.. But I bumped into them by chance shortly after I got off the train, so problem solved! Riomaggiore itself was stunning, the town climbs high up the cliffs:




Unfortunately I picked a day to visit when the sea was freakishly stormy, no boats were allowed out of the harbour and my plans of swimming in the ocean were scuppered. But we spent the afternoon on the beach and then headed back to their apartment for dinner.

My last day at the art school was on Friday, a sad day. But I have stack of my drawings to take home (which I've had to fold and cram into my bag- sorry parents) this was the last drawing I was working on:



Unfortunately my €20 a day budget is becoming lax.. Partly because the staff at the hostel keep taking us on tours of the local pubs and partly because I'm slipping into the rather unhealthy habit of having two dinners: the free one at the hostel and then one around 9 with people who get hungry again.. The food's just so damn good here!


Apertivos: all you can eat buffet and a cocktail for €9

Also, i keep seeing this poster all over town and can't help thinking that he looks like the new Doctor Who:

Just me? Ok.

It's going to be so sad to leave.
Florence, you've stolen my heart. Next stop: Ancona!

No comments:

Post a Comment