Monday, 5 July 2010

First Impressions

Well! My first day in Florence has been stressful, fun and faintly ridiculous. To begin with, as expected, British airways managed to misplace my bag, so I am having to survive on one pair of underwear for an undisclosed period of time.. AND they didn't even give me a "sorry we lost your bag" bag of toiletries this time. However, luckily a very loudly disgruntled American woman was in the same situation as me and so she did the bollocking whilst I nodded in agreement.
I got to the hostel about 10 minutes before my course was about to start (I knew that wasn't a good idea) and so I just had to dump my bags and leave again. The art schools actually incredibly close to the hostel so I made it in the nick of time, running into the studio and coming face to face with a naked man! That's right, my first lesson was life drawing. So that was interesting. He demonstrated a variety of poses for us to sketch, including sitting cross legged and standing, holding a large pole (I kid you not). No one else was amused though..
And now I am lounging on the sofa after a very pleasant dinner with some americans (they're everywheah!)
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment