This dude has taken me a loong time due to his lack of skin. Those leg muscles are tedious to shade.
So far I'm actually liking life drawing more, although unfortunately we never get to finish the drawings as the models get fidgety and change positions every half hour or so, so we only get to do rough sketches. I'm certainly enjoying this drawing dealie though; this morning I bought a sketchbook and revisited one of the best museums I've been to so far called the Bargello and sketched some of the statues.
A quick update on what I've been up to the past few days. On Monday I went on a daytrip to Pisa with some excellent folks from the hostel. We went, saw the tower and we DIDN'T do this.
On Tuesday I went to the San Marco monestry, which was surprisingly entertaining for a monestry. I'm sure they would disagree, but it really looked like those monks got a kick out of painting crucifiction scenes. I counted at least 12 versions, and seriously, some of those paintings were South Park-level gory. Blood spurting 5 feet across the frame... and not just blood. GLITTERY blood! Those solemn monks just loved a bit of glitter.
And yesterday I went to the Galileo Science Museum to have a break from all the art, which was really good. Many of the scientific instruments were just as intricate and beautiful as the jewellery boxes etc. in the art galleries. Good examples of product design I suppose.
I'm now getting to that excellent stage where I feel superior to those darn tourists. On the way to the art school theres this guy who hands out pizza leaflets who I've walked past so many times (and turned down so many flyers) that he now recognises me and just waves. Possibly not a good enough reason to feel that I am above tourists, but I'm using it.
No comments:
Post a Comment