Saturday, 21 August 2010

Over and Out







Good Lord I guess this is it! Our European odyssey is finally over. We spent a lovely 3 days in Budapest, another highlight of this holiday for me. It's a very diverse city architecturally - I spotted little places around the city that reminded me of everywhere I had been so far: Italian gothic churches, falafel restaurants, Turkish baths and the vibrant graffiti which I really liked in the eastern European cities. There was slim pickin's accommodation-wise in Budapest, so we were staying in a very cheap all girls hostel. The upside of this was the ridiculous array of free toiletries and girly movies. The downside was the never-ending wait for the one and only shower. I didn't have this problem when I was living with boys...

Some stats from the past seven weeks:

Items of clothing lost: 3
Mcdonalds visited: 12
Showers broken: 2
Camels seen: 1

I'm not sure how to even begin to summarise this trip. These have been some of the best weeks of my life. I've met people who I will never forget and have seen places unlike anywhere I have ever been before.

Now where to go next summer...?







No comments:

Post a Comment